Cookie Consent by Free Privacy Policy Generator Update cookies preferences

Drugs, alcohol and addiction

Drugs, alcohol and addiction

Find helpful sources of information about drugs, alcohol and addiction and where to find support if you’re worried about yourself or a friend.

If you’re concerned about your own drinking or drug use, or about someone else, you can contact The Gate York. They're also on hand to support you if your parent or someone else you know has a drugs or alcohol problem.

For more information about drugs and alcohol, you can also check out Talk to Frank.

The charity Gamcare offers free services to support people affected by gambling problems. Support is available through the National Gambling helpline, live chat and support forums. You can call the National Gambling Helpline on telephone: 0808 8020 133 free of charge, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Childline provides free and confidential support for young people up to the age of 19. You can call them on telephone: 0800 1111 or get support through their message boards.