York's Children’s Centres are open to residents for planned and bookable appointments only.
If you're a group leader and would like to return to using the centre or have any questions regarding our Children's Centres contact York Family Information Service by telephone: 01904 554444 or email: [email protected].
Available services at the Children's Centres
The following services are available at Children's Centres:
- family learning courses
- baby self weigh
- CYC Health Trainers
Search for services delivered at York's Children's Centres.
Please note: during coronavirus changes to availability of services in all our Children's Centres. If you have any questions, contact York Family Information Service by telephone: 01904 554444 or email: [email protected].
Centres in the west of York
The following Children's Centres are available in the west of York:
- Hob Moor Children’s Centre (Main Hub) - 'The House', Hob Moor Children's Centre, Green Lane, Acomb, York, YO24 4PS
- Westfield Children’s Centre - Westfield Children's Centre, Askham Lane, Acomb, York, YO24 3HP
- Carr Children’s Centre - Carr Children's Centre, Ostman Road, Acomb, York, YO26 5QA
- Knavesmire Children's Centre - Knavesmire Children's Centre, Trafalgar Street, York, YO23 1HY
Centres in the north of York
The following Children's Centres are available in the north of York:
- Clifton Children’s Centre (Main Hub) - Clifton Children’s Centre, Kingsway North, Clifton, York, YO30 6JA
- Haxby Road Children’s Centre - Haxby Road Children’s Centre, Haxby Road, York, YO31 8JN
- New Earswick Children's Centre - New Earswick Children's Centre, Hawthorne Terrace, New Earswick, York, YO32 4BY
Centres in the south-east of York
The following Children's Centres are available in the south-east of York:
- The Avenues Children’s Centre - Sixth Avenue, Heworth, York, YO31 0UT
- The Avenues at Osbaldwick - The Avenues at Osbaldwick Children's Centre, Osbaldwick Primary School, Osbaldwick Lane, Osbaldwick, York, YO10 3AX
Register with the Family Information Service
We know that the first few years of a child’s life are critical to their lifelong learning and development. Parenting can be the most rewarding yet challenging job. By registering your child’s details with the Information Service, you'll receive customised information and advice that supports your child’s development from birth until they are ready for school.
You can also opt in to receive a free newsletter issued each term from York Family Information Service containing information on what is happening in York for families. We'll also keep you up-to-date with key dates such as applying for childcare funding.
Healthy Child Service
York's Healthy Child Service (HCS) delivers information, advice and support for children and parents of children aged 0 to 19 years old. The service incorporates York's Health Visiting Service and School Nurse Service.
Community midwives for York offer appointments in some of our Children's Centres.
- West Team (Hob Moor Children's Centre) on telephone: 01904 555045
- East Team (The Avenues Children's Centre) on telephone: 01904 551778
Read more about the maternity services available at York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals.