Struggling to find childcare
If for any reason you need additional support with finding childcare then York Family Information Service may be able to help. We work with childcare providers every day, we can often help broker a solution.
- discuss with you different childcare options and contacting providers on your behalf
- send you a tailored list of childcare in the area you're looking including:
- contact information
- opening times
- last Ofsted inspection outcome
- provide information on what experience and training providers have around supporting children with disabilities and additional needs
- vacancies and key details about how providers operate
- offer a free brokerage service if you are struggling to find childcare
- work alongside the Early Years and Childcare Services team and report back on childcare sufficiency issues across the city
- if the provider needs training or support to provide the best possible care for your child we will work with others to see what can be done
We're here to talk you through every part of your journey and answer any questions you have.
Choosing childcare that is right for you and your child is a very important, personal choice. York Family Information Service is completely impartial and we will provide you with information to help you choose which type of childcare is right for you. We cannot guarantee to find a solution to your childcare needs but we explore all options available.
You can contact York Family Information Service in a variety of ways:
- telephone: 01904 554444
- email: [email protected]
- social media: You can follow us on Facebook; Twitter and Instagram to keep up-to-date with all the latest family based 'need to know' information for York!
Alternatively, complete the contact us form.